Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Still going

Some days I feel like the energizer bunny. I'm up before anyone else in the family, trying to change batches of laundry and at least brush my teeth before morning madness insues. Then it's run to daycare, run to work, run to home, fix supper, family time, bedtime for the girls, and now runtime...then maybe my bedtime. I'm the first one up, last one down, and don't stop all day long. I actually hear myself thinking...just keep going and going and going....

So what did I GO do this weekend? The house is still clean, if not a little cleaner. That's good enough for me. Actually, my all-around-awesome DH was putting drywall in our soon-to-be bathroom, and it was my job to take care of everything else so he can finish it. I didn't run on Saturday, persay, but I did do 2 hours of housework and 12 hours of mommy-work. I think that was enough of a workout. Sunday I was back to it, and ran another 2 miles Sunday and Monday nights.

Last night I looked up my time at last year's race, which was my first race since high school. I ran 2 miles in 16.57, which still blows my mind. I know, you serious racers are thinking how snails pace that is, but I'm very proud of that. My goal is to do at least that this March. Right now I'm running 20 minute 2-miles on the treadmill. 9 weeks to go, 4 miles to lose. Should be interesting! All I have to do is keep going, and going, and going...

No comments: