Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Natalie-isms

Natalie has been full of it today. She's made me laugh at least a half dozen times this morning already.

I asked her to get on her shoes, because she is perfectly capable of putting them on herself. She hemmed and hawed around, dawdled, and finally said, with a big Scarlet O'Hara worthy sigh, "Oh, I just can't." I told her to go in the foyer and practice putting her shoes on, saying I'd help her in ten minutes if she still needed it. Next thing I knew, I hear the piano playing and Natalie singing in the sweetest voice, "I don't know how to put on my shoes, and my mommy won't help me." Yes, she put her shoes on herself. No, she didn't need my help. Yes, it took another fifteen minutes.

Right before lunch, she was running a toy up and down a ramp, singing, "High, Low, High, Low" but it sounded like "High, whoa, High, whoa." I asked her to say, la la la, which she did correctly. Then I asked her to say, 'High, Low'. She did another Scarlet O'Hara sigh and, turning around, began signing, "Up, Down, Up, Down."  She won that round.

I'm going to need more sleep to stay ahead of this one.

No comments: