Friday, February 1, 2008

Where have you been?

How pathetic is it, to leave a blog silent for almost a month? Especially a blog in its infancy? But, I have good excuses and it's not like anyone is reading this thing anyway!

Excuses? What excuses you ask? My baby girl (21 months old) had a "complicated febrile seizure" that resulted in her being flown to a bigger, better pediatric hospital while we drove the 2 hours. Her lung collapsed on the flight, but it looks like long-term she'll be okay. Long-term, but short-term she has some catching up to do. It's going to be a long story and maybe I'll save that for another day.

Then to follow that up, the whole experience knocked me on my arse, so my mysterious illness flared its ugly head again. Loss of vocabulary -- I can talk, just can't remember words -- extreme fatique, dizziness, that sort of thing that's starting to seem routine to me. So, more R&R needed to get over that.

And I'm just having some pitty-party blue time. I don't know why. Blame it on the stress, on the job, on the hormones, on the winter. I hope it'll go away soon.

So, I'm back. I'm back on here and I'm back exercising as of Monday. Last Monday, that is. Here's hoping for a dreadfully boring uneventful February!

No comments: