Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Great Switch 2008

DH and I have been having some relationship "challenges" lately, probably a delayed reaction to the stress of the last few months. You see, when I'm incapacitated or not here, he is great at taking care of the kids and household essentials, but when I'm here and able, he leaves it all to me. Or so I feel. He feels that I don't appreciate what he DOES do and that I don't do enough.

So... I suggested (and he agreed) that as of noon today, we switch roles and responsibilities for one week. He does everything he thinks I do and I do everything I think he does, and we'll see what's missed and what happens. Two exceptions to the switch, though. DH doesn't know how to manage our finances with the way I have it set up, and I don't want to learn how to hang sheetrock or mud it, so we kept those responsibilities. I spent the afternoon moving and cleaning in the basement, so the next phase of construction can be done next weekend. He took care of the girls, put them down for naps, got snacks, made dinner, had to make a menu for the week, went grocery shopping, cleaned up dinner, bathed the girls, put them to bed. Oh, and I went to a movie with my friends ("Bella"...good movie.) So far, we both think we have it pretty nice, but we'll see what happens in a week. I'll let you know how it goes!

Oh, and as I sat on the computer, he had this article pulled up for me to read:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/109614?g=1
Take a look -- it's pretty funny!

And one more afterthought: I feel sorry for anyone who is actually reading this blog right now. I'm still feeling my way through it and trying to decide what path aka topic this is going to be about...parenting, relationships, adoption, working mom? Who knows? Stay tuned for the next installment of The Great Switch 2008!

No comments: