Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy April Fools!

And it is happy! (Man, this blog is starting to look manic-depressive. It's not that I am unstable...it's just that I'm trying really hard to enjoy the positives and I use this medium to dump all the negatives.)

First off, we had a party at our house last night with some friends. Eight adults, a 12-year-old, 6-year-old, three 4-year-olds, and three 2-year-olds, so a bit rambunctious but crazy-fun. The best part was our crazy menu, which consisted of:




  • fake chicken nuggets (bananas with peanut butter and crushed graham crackers),


  • fake cupcakes (meatballs frosted with tinted mashed potatoes),


  • kitty litter cake,


  • fake orange drink (orange jello set in cups with straws),


  • fake water (clear koolaid),


  • fake jalapenos (fooled ya jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and grilled),


  • picked beets (because they are joke in themselves),


  • a real veggie tray, and real eggs (just to throw people off).
It was a blast, and definitely something we'll have to repeat.

And then, speaking of blasts, Lainie finally (FINALLY!) had a solid diaper last night! YIPPEE!!! I've never celebrated more over the contents of a diaper, but geez- March 12 was the last time she had a "normal" diaper! And she feels better, too. She was dancing this morning and woke up smiling. It looks like she finally kicked this nasty illness. And just in time, as tomorrow is her evaluation to see if she qualifies for speech help.

So, following the advice of my priest and my couselor, I'm going to take today one-day-at-a-time (I can't even think that phrase without hearing the Christie Lane's version of the song fly through my head) and be thankful for what I've got...which is a LOT.




1 comment:

katd said...

Look at those sweet faces:) Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Do you mind if I link to you so I can keep up? :)