Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to school!

It's a big day in our house. BIG, I tell ya! HUGE!

DH is starting a new job with a new district with new students and new families and new curriculum. And from his email from moments ago, I'd say he's having a stellar day. He's excited about the year and especially about the students in his classes. Oh, I hope this works out well for him!

K is starting her first day of second grade. Not only does she have the teacher she was hoping for, but she has the classmates I was hoping for. There are three other sweet, respectful, kind-hearted, clean-mouthed little girls in her class. They are all her friends from other activities, but they weren't in her class last year. There aren't any super-duper-take-charge girls in there this year, so hopefully it'll be a chance for K and her friends to have their turn to lead the roost, safely.

M is now the big-girl-at-daycare. She was having a hard time letting K go, and kept saying how she is going to miss her. M acts so tough so much of the time that she hides how emotionally drive she actually is. Poor little chica! I'm guessing our most-wondrous-daycare is making it all better. And, thankfully for her, it's only a half-day today for K and M and DH.

And L, oh my oh my! She's doing so well! She's saying "I do it" a LOT now, instead of just screaming at us when we try to do it for her. She's babbling with consanants always now and is picking up words as fast as her "sissies" can force them on her. From this weekend, zoo, boom-ba, yaaay, hiya, and a handful of others I can't think of right now. I'm most excited about a real, official three-word-phrase spoken. She can sign two and three-word phrases, and she will say "Hi ___insert name here___" which counts as a spoken two-word phrase. But this is a big step upward.

And on Wednesday she goes to see the ENT to see if she needs tubes in her ears. I've hesitated, for some unknown reason, but she's had 3 ear infections in 4 months, and before than 4 months solid of fluid behind her ears. So, maybe it's time. We'll let Doc decide.

So that's our big day for our house. How are yours doing?

No comments: