Monday, August 4, 2008

One more time...

When I was in seventh grade, I decided I would be a writer someday and have four kids and live in the country. Well, I write quite a bit for work, but not the type of writing I envisioned. We do live in the country, in a beautiful part of Kansas. And, as of February, God-willing, we will be the proud parents of four kids.

My friends who are "done" told me that you just know when your family is complete. This pregnancy has been painful, thus far. I haven't eaten much, until just recently. But it hasn't been THAT bad...only vomiting once, no crazy surgery like Lainie's pregnancy. Despite that, I know I am done. In fact, if I could skip ahead to, say, December, I'd be all for it.

I'm so excited to have our fourth child, to add another sibling to our home, to our family. But I am not excited to experience the pregnancy symptoms again. I think that's the sign that this is our last one.

So, if this is our last one, shouldn't I be savoring each moment? Enjoying each little symptom? I can't; I don't have time. I've got three kids to take care of, a job to maintain, and a DH to help when I can.

There will be time enough for savoring when the baby's delivered! :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Congrats!!!! My best friend here is due Feb 19 and my sister Feb 20... can't believe you are expecting too! That is awesome. Hope the pregnancy gets more enjoyable. :)