Friday, July 16, 2010

Since we last chatted

Since my last post, I've had a birthday, planned a Grill-Off, finished my CNA class, guided Katie to finish up her 4-H projects, went to eight different doctors appointments (with a different kid each time), got to go to ONE of the girls' swimming lessons, sold at a market or two or three, picked some veggies, cleaned some house, did LOTS of laundry, attended a family reunion and made plans for a second family reunion (different side of the fam) for soon.

Exhale.

In chatting with my carpool buddy this morning, I realized that I drink more cans of pop in a day than I get hours of sleep. HUH? In other words, I was drinking (at my worst) 6 cans of pop in a day but getting less than 6 hours sleep. I haven't made time for running or any type of exercise. We've ate out more than I care to admit.

It's time to get healthy again.

By the time I start school in August, I plan to kick my caffeine habit and add an exercise habit. I hope to find out more about the local jogging group. I don't think I'll have it in me (or in my schedule) to do the mini-triathalon in August, especially since K & M will have a soccer clinic that day. But, I would like to try the 10K in September at Piotique. I need to get back to my meal menu and see how much prep work I can do in my days off in August.

Consider this a reset button, activated.

No comments: