Friday, July 30, 2010

Faith

It's official. I am unemployed.

I sat down tonight and reviewed our one-income budget. And then nearly hyperventilated. How is this going to work again?

But, then I remembered all the times I doubted before, the times when God did provide. I have to have faith that He will provide, that things will be okay. I need to stop looking at 3 months down the road and just focus on today, tomorrow.

Of course, I can try to help make His job easier, too. I applied for two scholarships yesterday and three more today. It can't hurt and might help, right?

I feel like I'm going through one of those trusting exercises, where you are blindfolded and your friend guides you through an obstacle course. Or, where you close your eyes and fall back, trusting your partner to catch you. I just need to remember to not tense up, to truly let go, and know in my heart that we will not be dropped.

Easier said than done, but I'm trying.

No comments: