Thursday, June 21, 2012

Good and bads

Bad: Natalie is sneaking books when she's supposed to be going to bed, just like her big sis Mags.
Good: We have another reader.

Bad: Not even a ShopVac can get glitter out of carpet.
Good: We have the shiniest, sparkly-est art room ever.

Bad: Um...having trouble coming up with a bad for this one. Oh, and Maggie got trophy-envy.
Good: Katie, Maggie, and I ran in the Alert Road Race last weekend. The rain held off until after the race, the wind helped cool us down, Maggie finished the mile with some encouragement, and Katie ran the entire mile and came home with her own trophy.

Bad: It is June 21, and we have yet to take the girls to the pool.
Good: They love the sprinkler and slip-and-slide.


Bad: Katie has yet to get a hit during a game this summer.
Good: Tonight, she got walked twice and got home with both of those. After the game, she told me, "Mommy, I prayed three Hail Mary's and an Our Father before I got up to bat that I would do good, and even though I didn't get a hit, I feel like I contributed to our team's win." That trumps any home run, in my book.

No comments: