Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lots of Firsts

I have an excuse, really I do. First, I found out I was pregnant but didn't want to "go public" so I posted nothing. Then first trimester ickiness hit and I didn't want to do anything. But, well, I at least want some record of this little one's journey.

We found out the last week of June that we were expecting #5, now named Baby Jalapeno. It was confirmed with a blood test about a week later, then reassured with another blood test about four weeks after that. The nausea has been bad, but not as bad as Katie's or Madi's pregnancies. The only different symptom with this one is the dizziness, which still hasn't gone away. The girls are quite excited for this new addition, thankfully. They didn't even complain about those couple weeks when I would lay down right after supper to keep the food down and they would clean off the table so I could rest. Yes, I know how lucky I am.

A little scare in August sent us for our first ultrasound and confirmed how hopeful we are that this little one arrives safe and sound in March. Hooray for a healthy heartbeat and a beautiful first photo:





There were a lot of other firsts in the past couple months. We had the first day of school for Katie, Maggie, and Lainie:

Natalie's first day of preschool:
I love how they seem to get more excited the younger they are.

A first time playing on the new swingset:
Taken at dusk, just as the last swing was hung.

First vacation to Mahoney State Park:
From the observation tower at Mahoney State Park, Nebraska.

 And our first new-to-us four-wheeler:

Just for pretend. No, I don't let them drive it. This is a Daddy-only toy.
So that about wraps it up. I'm working full-time but have a schedule that I really enjoy, and the family is adjusting to my night-shift. Things are starting to settle into some sort of routine. I might even get my house back in order after two years of neglect...maybe by Halloween. Ya, I think Halloween is a good goal.

But for now, I think I'll just enjoy the quite house. After all, around here, quiet is a rare commodity.

No comments: