Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tricks of the Trade: Carseat Cover

Waaaaaaay back in 2001, we wanted a way to keep baby Katie protected from the cold. I splurged on a carseat cover. (If I was really dedicated, I'd go through the thousands of photos on dozens of CDs and find the photos of each of the girls in their car seats with this exact cover. I'm not that dedicated.)

And 13 years later, it's still going strong:
If this company goes out of business, it'll be because it's product lasts so long, people don't buy more.

I love it in this horrid Kansas wind. I love how easy the elastic stretches over the carrier. I love the little flap I can close over his face in the trip from the door to the car. I love that it's reversible, so when I get sick of the blue (if ever) I have another option. I love that, through all these years of use and washing, it still looks brand new and feels as soft as the first day we used it.

I considered buying one of the newer styles of car seat covers and recently asked a mom what she thought of hers. She said it blows in the wind, doesn't really cover the baby at all on windy days. She said, and I quote, "I wish I would have bought one like you have."

No comments: