Thursday, August 28, 2014
During the day, L and N fight almost all the time. They fight over brushing teeth, where to get dressed in the bathroom, who gets to sit in the back row of the school bus, who sits next to John at mealtime, it goes on and on. They are no longer allowed to sit by each other at mealtime because they fight so much. And not just with words: L has the bite marks to prove it.
But as they fall asleep, so many nights they end up in the same bed, snuggled together, enjoying the comfort only a sister can provide.
This mama just hopes someday the night bond with show up in the day, too.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
When I look back on John's year from one to two, I'm pretty sure this image will pop up, since it's how he is most days: without a shirt, pounding on the door, calling for the kittens to come say hi.
And then there are those moments you either shake your head or try to forget, like when he reached the bowl of applesauce and decided to feed himself. Hmm, maybe that why he never has a shirt on at home.
1. She truly tries to be kind to everyone she meets, and only has a problem with those who have hurt her friends or family.
2. She is a great big sister. She has her moments of kicking them out of a room or calling names when she thinks no one can hear, but they all know she loves them.
3. My girl is smart. Not sure why I have such a hard time admitting that, but she is book smart and has a healthy dose of common sense, too.
4. She is beautiful and becoming even more lovely each day.
5. She is a very hard worker, whether she is trying to solve a math problem, draw a sketch, learn dance moves, pick and sell vegetables, show livestock, or run a race.
6. Her laugh is a gorgeous sound that I wish we heard more often.
7. She is 13.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Fun quick weekend visiting my parents. Darn it yet again I missed a photo of my mom, but she was there ... Playing tic tac toe, making birthday cake and fried chicken, laughing at the kids, helping with bath time, and even doing some of our laundry.
But I did get a picture of dad, pulling the girls around the yard.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
|This is Uncle Tom's Trail. Not our photo...just to show what we walked down to get the next photo:|
|Buffalo in the park|
|Katie's deer picture|
|Upper or lower falls|
|K S U at Yellowstone Lake|
|Upper or Lower Falls|
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Monday, August 18, 2014
Sunday, August 17, 2014
To celebrate our first day if an empty house, John and I finally got some canning done. We started at 8 with these:
And six hours later, using the recipe on Pick Your Own (http://www.pickyourown.org/pizzasauce.htm), we turned this:
Ended up wih these:
Nine pints of pizza sauce, one we ate that night.
Sadly I must admit that is the first cannig I've done his season. Good thing I know where I can get more tomatoes.
Natalie headed off to Kindergarten today, with no tears from mommy or her.
And not to discount Katie's first day of eighth grade. My breath caught a bit when she came upstairs ready for school. She looked so grown.
John and I have big plans...as soon as he realizes I'm not going to be in his present at all times. The dude has some serious adjusting to do, with this quiet house.
I sure am grateful to have a job that lets me work full time but still have days like these.