Monday, March 17, 2008

So Proud!

I did it. I ran 2 miles in the St Patrick's Day race in Manhappiness, KS. Six months ago I couldn't hardly walk across my house, and now I'm running 2 miles. I can't say YAYA!!!! enough. I'm that happy.

My time? For you "real" runners it may not seem like a big deal, but to me, it's fantastic. 17.37, when I was hoping for under 20 minutes.

Icing on the cake? 3rd place for my age bracket. Something like 117 overall. Is that a sign that I'm not too slow, or that I'm getting old and the competition is getting thinner?

REAL icing on the cake? K was so excited watching me race this year that she asked if she could run next year. Now that's the REAL reason why I did this. I want my girls to see how to be healthy adults and inspire them to try it. Apparently, its working.

Only downside? I'm really really sore...from the dancing we did to celebrate Saturday night. teehee I may be old but I can still dance!

No comments: