One of the purchases that stopped this year, in my attempt to cut down our grocery bill, was Bisquik. That stuff is expensive, especially when you have as many big pancake eaters as we do! We have three pancake recipes we use, but the one below is the easiest and probably my favorite. The strawberries are a special-occasion-only addition.
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar (brown or white)
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tub frozen strawberries, thawed
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Add in remaining ingredients, except strawberries. Mix until smooth.
- Pour in the juice from the strawberries. Don't worry if one or two strawberries falls in. Mix until just blended.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until it is fluffy, bubbles appear in the batter, and the edges just start to turn golden. Then flip and cook until edges are just turning golden brown.
- Serve with remaining strawberries and optional syrup and whipped cream.