Monday, February 18, 2013

A little closer

A week later and not much has changed. I'm about the same size, about the same grouchiness, about the same soreness, and trying really hard to be patient. Baby looks good, heartbeat is strong, active at times.

We have a big snowstorm coming Wednesday, maybe, probably. Maybe that will kick this prodromal labor into the real deal?

Meanwhile, I'm trying to make the most of the pre-baby non-restricted days. I went for a walk last week. We watched a basketball game, and visited our friends' new neice/cousin for a little baby-fix. We made 4 meals worth of pigs in a blanket and put them in the freezer, and hopefully I'll make a bunch of waffles and get them frozen tomorrow. We had movie night on Saturday, and church and 4-H on Sunday.And, I have almost everything ready for Natalie's birthday Saturday, and have a menu and clothes laid out for this week, in case baby decides to come.

The girls have kept things lively this past week, too. Friday, Maggie scratched Natalie's eye, resulting in a corneal abrasion. Sounds bad, hurts bad, heals quickly, thankfully. Saturday night, Katie came down with what looks like influenza. I didn't take her in, because she was feeling better Monday morning but she's still sleeping...since Saturday.

And then there are the things that have come out of their mouths.

Katie, working on a family metaphor, was asked if Daddy was the bowl, because he holds us together. Her answer: "No, Mommy needs to be the bowl, because she's big and round."

Natalie, trying to help me through a nasty batch of contractions during the basketball game, said, "I know why your tummy hurts. My tummy hurts when I need to poop. I think you just need to poop."

Another Natalie-ism, when asked if she wants a brother or sister, said, "I think it's a girl, because a boy would just be weird."

At this point, boy or girl, I am just ready to meet this little one. Any day now, baby. Any day!

No comments: