August 8 is National Sneak Zucchini on your Neighbor's Porch Day. Truly.
In honor of that, here are my top five zucchini recipes. Try one! You might be surprised by how good it will taste and how versatile the little green veggies really are.
Breakfast: Zucchini Quiche
Lunch: Grilled Zucchini Strips
Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, and grill until tender, turning once.
Supper: Zucchini Lasagne
Snack: Zucchini Bread
Dessert: Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3-4 medium sized zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups Italian cheese, shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2-3 Tablespoons EVOO
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the EVOO in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Place 3-4 strips of zucchini in the dish, forming a layer.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of half-and-half over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the zucchini,
- Pour 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs over the cheese.
- Repeat zucchini, crumbs, cheese, and half-and-half layers twice more.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the casserole dish on the foil, and put in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until zucchini is cooked tender and cheese is melted.