Friday, January 9, 2009

Fam update

In order of age...

Baby Quatro is doing great. Heartbeat around the 130 range and I'm measuring right on target. It feels like the baby is trying to move her/his head out of my pelvis, via my left hip. Stay head-down, baby! I've got February 24th set as my induction date. My due date is somewhere between the 14th and 17th, but I don't think I will go into labor on my own. 41 weeks sounds good.

Lainie is doing well. Saturday will be one year since her world got all-shook-up, literally. Yesterday, she told me "my baby fell down." A four-word phrase, a new record! Her homework for this month is to work on plurals, so she can get the concept of plurals and the idea of adding end consonants on her words. We should hear back from the speech department any day now on whether she's accepted, and are still working toward starting preschool after spring break.

Maggie is my Maggie, and that says it all. This week has been a hard one on her, and today she said both her ears hurt. I thought something was coming on. She tries so hard to be good, but it's just not her natural course of action. Adventure, disobedience, challenging authority -- that's more her style. We've re-initiated reading together at bedtime, just Maggie and me, and she is obviously appreciating that.

Katie is doing fine. If anything, she's going to be ignored because she doesn't cause problems. She is showing more obsession with planning and control; gee, I wonder where she gets that. And she told me last night all the reasons she has the best daddy in the world, even though Jay wasn't home at the time. I think that makes it more genuine. I told her I get points for picking such a great daddy for her, and then spent the rest of the night thinking about how right she is!

I'm 30-something-weeks pregnant, hitting that point where I wake up at an ungodly hour of the morning. Today it was 4 a.m. I can't hardly walk today, my hips hurt so bad, but I did go for a 50-minute walk with Lainie yesterday, so that's probably contributing. And I'm looking forward to lunch out with my cousin.

Pretty basic stuff, but it's my wonderful life!

No comments: