Friday, December 4, 2009

Mama said there'd be days like this

This morning, Lainie threw up at daycare, after I was headed to Manhattan to work. I turned around to get her from daycare and screwed up, didn't realize the school zone time had kicked in, got a 30-in-a-20-in-a-school-zone, $85 ticket. Got yelled at by Jay, not because of the ticket, but just because of his frustration of having to take another sub day. (He had to take off work this time, because I had to get to work by 9 to finish my first aid/cpr class, so I can take the classes I want to in the spring. If it took it this morning, it was $22. If I had to wait, it'd be $50 or more.) And, then I had to get to our bank and deposit money before we had an overdraft, and call the electrician to come out because our furnace didn't work on the coldest morning yet this year.

Exhale.

The way I see it, all my prayer-vibes got exhausted on the "please-no-cancer" wish. That, and Lainie threw up but didn't have a seizure. I got a ticket but didn't hit a deer. The bank needed money, but we had the cash to deposit. The furnace was broken, but it got fixed and was only $65 instead of replacing the entire unit. And Jay? Well, he got to stay home with Lainie, hopefully get a nap and get some things accomplished at home. Lainie didn't throw up again, so we're still going out with friends tonight. And it can only get better from here.

I wonder if any stores still sell Calgon?

1 comment:

Tara said...

Way to look on the bright side with everything! Sorry you had a crappy day!