12 eggs, beaten
14 slices bread
2 1/4 cups milk
2 1/2 cups Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 pound sausage, cooked and drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- Grease the sides of the crock pot with butter.
- Spread mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into fourths.
- Make layers in the crock pot of bread, followed by sausage, followed by cheese, ending with a cheese layer.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together. Pour over crock pot mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 12 hours.