- Scoop the seeds and pulp out of a pumpkin.
- Separate the seeds from the pulp.
- Rinse out the seeds at least twice.
- Put the seeds in a large bowl and add enough water to make the seeds float.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of salt.
- Let soak overnight or longer.
- Drain the water from the seeds.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Pour the drained seeds on the baking sheet.
- Thoroughly sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees, checking every 10 minutes for doneness.
- Seeds are done when they just start to turn golden brown and are crisp when you bite into them.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Roasted pumpkin seeds
A traditional favorite, and great low-sugar Halloween snack