Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lainie's Progress: 4 years old

These make me proud, happy, and sad, all at the same time.

I'm so proud of how hard Lainie is working to get back her words. She asked me this week why she had to go "play with Naomi" and I told her it was so it would be easier for her to say the words she wants to say, so that everyone can understand them. That answer seemed to satisfy her, and the fact that she asked the question impressed me. In fact, every time she shows us what's going on behind those big brown eyes, I smile a big smile.

I'm so happy that she is making progress and is ABLE to make progress. We could be traveling down a much harder path, if not for the grace of God.

And I'm still a little sad, every time some one looks to me to interpret, every time she gives up trying to tell us something, and especially every time her eyes well up with big crocodile tears because someone close to her didn't understand what she is trying to tell her/him. I hurt for her, but I hope for her, too. The two can go hand in hand.

But today, we celebrate progress made!
ABCs...the hand waving is her signing "now I know" and "sing with me":


Bedtime prayer:

No comments: