Saturday, April 17, 2010

Uncle

That’s it. I cry, “Uncle.”

I’m tired, to the point that I’m making stupid, dangerous mistakes. I am just so tired. I can’t take anything else on my plate, anything else to worry about. I’m maxxed out.

I feel like a runner who can see the finish line but physically feels out of juice, like you can’t go one more step. But then, you see the crowd, you hear the cheers, you can smell the success, and from somewhere deep inside comes a burst of energy that gets you over the finish line with a smile. I can see the finish line, it’s only about 5 more weeks, 8 more night class sessions, 1 paper and 3 more chapters for nutrition, 3 more weeks of Jay’s IVs. Now, I’m just looking for that burst of energy to get me through.

But, if you asked me tonight, I’d admit I’d rather lay down on the race course and take a 3-day nap. If only that was an option!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hugs. You do have a lot on your plate. But you are one of the strongest people I know, you handle everything with such grace--you can do this too!!