Sunday, February 22, 2009

Almost time!

It seems like we've been waiting for this forevever! In a little less than 12 hours, we'll be at the hospital getting induced, unless I go before then. I've been contracting every 10 minutes, strong and steady, for about 5 hours. I feel grouchy, achy, irritable, and ready.

Yesterday was spent cleaning and disinfecting, after all but Jay caught the stomach flu on Thursday/Friday. Then we went out for pizza and, while Jay finished up his lesson plans, the girls and I played basketball.

Now, my mom is here, the girls are all taken care of for tonight and tomorrow and Tuesday. Everything is packed for tomorrow, except for the few items I want in the morning. I can just relax and chill and roll with the contractions and hopefully rest.

How wonderful would it be for these to intensify on their own? Jay thinks that if we weren't being induced tomorrow, I'd probably be going on my own within the next 24 hours anyway.

Right now, I wish I could encapsulate this feeling of ickiness and save it for later, in case I ever think I want to do this again. I just really feel that this is it, this is the end of my child-bearing. This baby will be my baby-baby. And I'm just so ready to meet him/her.

I pray that we have a healthy baby and complicated-free birth tomorrow. I want to do it a certain way, to experience it a certain way, but as long as the baby is healthy and all is well, then that's all that matters.

Come out, baby! We're ready!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! :D