Friday, February 20, 2009

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off from work I go.

Today's my last day of work before going on maternity leave. I've wrapped up all the projects, re-assigned where necessary, and have everything covered, as best I can.

Monday morning, bright-and-early, we'll report to the hospital and get this show on the road. That is, if the Mexican food for lunch, pineapple I plan to eat this weekend, walking done on Saturday, and other wives-tales and natural induction methods don't work.

But in the meantime, say a little prayer that we stay healthy. Maggie threw up ALL OVER last night, and Jay was at a meeting, so I had the joy of cleaning her up, and her bed, and the stairs, and the wall, and the carpet. I'm just hoping that all the hand-washing and fruit-juice-drinking and extra resting will boost my immune system enough to avoid this round. And, please, let Lainie avoid it, too. And Katie, and Jay. We've met our quota for sickies and really don't want any more.

And while you're doing some knee-bending, say a litle prayer for a good labor and delivery. :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Good thoughts sent for no sickies and a great birth! :)