Sunday, January 16, 2011

Holy Crepe!

I made my first-ever crepes on Sunday morning, and have just one question: why didn't anyone tell me they were that easy?!?! They didn't take many ingredients, everyone was full before I ran out of batter, and holy moly they were delicious!

First make the crepe batter:
  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt. 
Whisk until smooth. (See? EASY!)

Filling:
I didn't have any fresh fruit or the ingredients for the recipe book's filling, so I made my own:
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2-3 Tablespoons apple pie jam
  • 2-3 Tablespoons peach jam
  • 1-2 Tablespoons honey
Beat until smooth.

Now put it all together...
Heat a pan to medium-high heat and spray lightly.
Pour in about 3 tablespoons (not quite 1/4 cup) of batter.
Lift the pan from heat and swirl it slowly to spread the batter in a thin circle.
Return pan to heat and cook the crepe until it is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
Flip the crepe onto a paper towel or a plate.
Dollop a line of filling down the middle of the crepe.
Roll jelly-roll style and serve warm.

No comments: