Friday, January 21, 2011

Our Favorite Potato Soup!!

I found our favorite potato soup recipe!!! It's been missing for months and I wasn't quite able to duplicate it without the recipe. But what was lost is now found!!

Wow. I think I just likened soup to the biblical prodigal son. ouch.

Anywho, here is the World Famous Hearty Potato Soup Recipe

6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 carrots, diced
6 celery ribs, diced
2 quarts water
1 onion, chopped
6 Tablespoons butter or margarine
6 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups milk

  1. Cook potatoes, carrots, and celery in water until tender, about 20 minutes.
  2. Reserving the liquid, drain the vegetables and set them aside. (I set my strainer on top of my Pampered Chef super-sized measuring cup to catch the liquid.)
  3. In the same pot, saute onions in butter until soft.
  4. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
  5. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
  6. Gently stir in cooked vegetables.
  7. Add reserved cooking liquid, 1 cup at a time, until soup is the desired consistency.
  8. Serve as is, or make it a loaded hearty potato soup by sprinkling crisp bacon and shredded cheese on top.

1 comment:

Alison said...

That sounds wonderful, I am adding it to our menu for next week.