Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Menu

I am playing around with my menu this year, trying to use Google calendar. It lets me post the menu on the blog and update throughout, and share it easier.

The girls requested the Alphabet Menu to start the year again this year, and it makes it a lot easier to come up with menu items when I'm following the alphabet. So, we started with appetizer lunch aka leftovers from New Years, which translates to:
  • Lil' Smokies
  • Sweet and Sour Meatballs
  • Spinach Artichoke Dip
  • Pizza Dip
  • Carrots and Ranch Dip
  • Cheese and crackers
And lest you think my girls have refined palates, they pretty much only ate the cheese and crackers and carrots and dip. But I enjoyed the rest of it!

Speaking of New Years, I tried three new recipes for our New Years shindig and two failed miserably. (Roasted Carrot Dip and White Bean Dip) The third was delicious, at least to me. It had a fancy name, Brie en Croute, but is basically a wheel of brie cheese, with two to three tablespoons jalapeno jelly, wrapped in puff pastry sheet and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

So, appetizers take care of the A. Next is Beef Burgundy, crockpot style, substituting beef broth for red wine.

No comments: