Thus, waffle cones. Because I don't have to share (they are full from the sweet snack) and it doesn't have to be sugar/cinnamon free (because Maggie is in trouble) and I have all the ingredients (so no run to town.)
And if you're going to do waffle cones, who better to mimic than Miss Butter Herself, Paula Deen.
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter, melted (see, Paula Deen at her best!)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Nonstick cooking spray
- Beat sugar, vanilla, and eggs until cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the sugar/egg mixture.
- Spray waffle iron (or even better, a pizzelle iron, but since I don't have one of those, a waffle iron)
- Pour 3/4 Tablespoons batter onto iron and cook until baked and brown.
- While still hot, I pushed them into a cupcake pan to make little waffle bowls. They'll come out squishy but will harden to a crisp as they sit.
- Once cooled, serve with a scoop of ice cream.