Friday, December 14, 2012

28 weeks

Good news:
I passed the gestational diabetes test.
Baby's heartbeat returned to baseline after the terbutaline from last week.
Still no dilation.
Baby should be about 10 inches long and about 2 1/2 pounds long.
I got to talk to my doctor today, feel reassured we are doing all we can and trust in our plan. And, frankly, less terrified.

Bad news:
Still contracting.
Tired. Hurting.
Today, I rode to the doctor, sat their 2 hours for the GD test, ate lunch, walked into ONE store (I only needed one more to finish my Christmas shopping and really, really wanted to pick those out), and rode home, back to the couch. Tonight, I'm contracting every 5-6 minutes, lasting 60 seconds.
Bedrest continues.

Plan is to increase procardia dose to three times a day, continue bed rest. I got the steroid shots to mature baby's lungs, or at least stimulate surfactant levels. Plan on hanging out for a few more weeks.


No comments: