Thursday, December 27, 2012

Roller coaster

We have good days and bad. On the good days, I think we'll go full term or maybe even a week or so past. I think all this bedrest will seem excessive. I feel guilty for putting everyone out. There is a part of me that thinks it's all in my head, that if I just ignore it, the contractions will go away on their own.

Then, I have nights like Wednesday when contractions picked up to every 5 minutes and hurt. bad. I can't help but cry on the bad ones; it's like they are so strong, they just push the tears out my eyes. I know the routine: drink more water, take a bath, change positions, and now take Procardia. Thankfully it seems to work. But it leaves me sore, like an extreme ab workout, and tired.

Thankfully baby doesn't seem to mind, still pounding away in there. S/he is growing right on schedule. And, in a couple weeks, we'll get another sneak peek at little one, make sure everything looks good.

We've reached 30 weeks. That's the point when we started bedrest with Maggie, following our car accident. Our next goal is 32 weeks.

No comments: