Saturday, March 2, 2013

39 weeks

39 weeks
This may be our fifth child, but it is definitely our best documented third trimester. I can just about bet there is more written about these past 12 weeks than there will be in this baby's baby book for the first 12 months. I am so, so ready to hold this baby in my arms.

Jay says I've surpassed basketball and have achieved beach ball status. I would have to agree.

The girls are divided on how the baby will actually be born. I am not willing to give them an anatomy lesson with details. It's not that I am opposed to them knowing the facts; it's just that I would hate to hear the version they tell their classmates, and the repercussions from those conversations. I've given them a broad idea of what will happen, but they have turned that into their own interpretations. Maggie apparently thinks the baby will be pulled out. Lainie thinks it will fall out. Natalie thinks s/he is coming out my belly button, and must check it every day to see if the baby is ready. Katie's old enough to know the truth.

No matter the mode of delivery, we are all ready to meet Baby Jalapeno.

No comments: