Monday, March 25, 2013

Three weeks

Little man is three weeks old now, and life is still a blur. Last week's plans to take it easy, bond, maybe rest a day or two, went out the window. John spent three days in the hospital with a fever, which ended up being "just a virus" and we spent two days traveling for another reason. Now, we are home, hoping for some quiet time.

John started eating almost nonstop at 11 a.m. Sunday and, with the exception of two one-hour brakes, hasn't stopped yet. I don't want to sound like the ungrateful new mom; I know what great blessing I hold in my arms. But. I. Am. Tired.

Today, I have three goals: get groceries, put away John's clothes, and ...now I can't remember goal three. I guess by default then goal three is to get a nap! :) oh, goal three is to work on a baby announcement. But, since he is pretty much attached to me, that goal may just wait until tomorrow. Or the next day. Or next week.

On the bright side, John is back to birth weight.

Edited to add:  I accomplished all four goals. Groceries were bought. Announcement is made. Clothes are put away. There was a nap, albeit thirty minutes. I even got the newborn girl clothes and blankets put away, which I admit was bittersweet. Now we will see what Little John has planned for tonight. We hope sleep.

No comments: