Sunday, January 27, 2013

34 weeks, trial and error

34 weeks and feeling HUGE
We made it to 34 weeks plus some, and still going. With my new-found freedom, I've spent a lot of this week trial and error to see what I can do, what I should do, and what I really should not (or cannot) do.

I can walk around the house. I can't bend over to pick stuff up. That triggers some nasty contractions every time. Thankfully, Jay and Maggie bought me a cheap grab-stick-thing that actually works.

I can sit through meals and can help make supper. I can't load or unload the dishwasher. That bending over is just not a good move for us.

I can go to the grocery store. I can't push the cart or carry the groceries.


I can fold clothes and can change batches. I can't carry the baskets to put the clothes away.

I can do some cat stretches and can sit criss-cross applesauce. I can't walk after I sit criss-cross applesauce, but it's still nice to be able to stretch out those muscles and joints.


I can't sleep for more than an hour or two uninterrupted. I can fall back asleep if I have enough pillows around me.

I can go to church. (That might just be my favorite!) I can go to 4-H activities, but I can also contract all night after being upright for three hours.

I can make decorations for the baby and make sure all the stuff is ready for another little one in the house. I can re-read my labor and delivery books and get everything ready to go the hospital. 

I can enjoy these next few days and weeks with our girls, reading, watching movies, watching them play school (the game of choice right now), and doing as much as I can. I can tuck the girls in for bed. I can help lay out clothes for the week. I can monitor homework. I can snuggle with my girls.

Let's hit 37 weeks; then I'll really feel free to do what I can and what (for now) I can't.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yay for some more freedom! It must feel great. So, do you think this will be a bigger baby, or is it just positioning or lots of fluid? Hang in there, you are getting so close!